CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hard Times

So I have heard all of the news about the economic crisis and so on, but I am refusing to participate. I have been selling At Home America for about 18 months. I have done great in the past and I have slacked a little due to my own laziness, but my baby is going to kindergarten this year and I am really having a hard time with it. Right now he is in preschool 3 days a week and I was lucky enough to cut my days at work so I can take him 2 of those 3 days, but finding someone to pick him up and drop him off just that one day is so hard. So I am working on a plan to be able to stay at home this fall, easier said than done. Thankfully my husband makes a lot more money than I do so there is a chance we can survive without my income.
In November I did 4 homeshows and made what I normally do at my regular job. So I am setting my goal to have 6-8 homeshows a month starting in March, this will help bring in extra money during the next few months and will replace my income come fall when I need it. So I am having a "Re-Grand Opening" Homeshow at my house on Wednesday March 11th at 7:00 pm. This will be a great opportunity to come check out all of the new 2009 homewares, and of coarse there will be door prizes!! Doesn't everyone love a chance to get some free and great stuff! In addition this I will enter the first 6 people who contact me and book a homeshow in the month of March into and awesome drawing. That's a 1 in 6 chance at recieving a homeware (or homewares) absolutely free for just having friends come into your home and share what we all love!! I thank everyone for helping me stay out of this economic crisis and if you need help to stay out of it call me and we will see if what I love is also right for you!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Christi...I hear ya, that's all I can say, is I hear ya! I already told you I would do a show for you in exchange for a show for me, so if you want, we'll still do that. Good luck with everything. It's important to be home, and I know that. It's hard work doing a direct sales program though, and I'm finding it especially challenging being that I'm not a very pushy person. Sometimes I think that I should just go back to work, but just stick with it. It's so worth it!

Ashlee said...

Hey Christi! I would come, but I'm going to be gone all that week. I hope you get a turn out. It's so hard to figure how to pay the bills when you quit working! And I wasn't even making very much! Good Luck!

Sommer and Chris said...

I WILL COME! YAA YAA I LOVE PARTIES!

Cindy said...

Hi Christi-
I was thinking about selling At Home around my area and quit my job- how is it? Do you find it is slowing down because of the economy?

Cindy (Chris's sis)

Hayley said...

Hey Christi--I saw your blog from someones elses blog! Your 25 random things was great! My sister in law sells/used to sell at home and half my house is at home decor! LOVE IT!! It will soo not be the same going to the doctor and not seeing you there this fall! You are wonderful!