CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Corbin





Our newest blessing Corbin arrived the beginning of April and we are so excited about him! He arrived via induction. Thankfully everything went quickly and smoothly. I arrived at the hospital at 7:00 am. Answered about 463 random questions before they could do anything with me, so I got my IV started at 8:00 and pit started at 8:30. It was great, Dr. Huggins broke my water around 9:00 and had my epidural at 9:30. It was like clockwork, but then I just relaxed with my ice chips til the big moment arrived. We were trying our best to make it convient for the Dr. so she could come and deliver when she goes to the hospital around lunch time and we succeeded. The nurse actually had to call her and find out where she was. She said she was just crossing the street so wait a few more minutes. So with Dr. available it was time to have a baby. After literally 2 1/2 pushes Corbin Michael was born at 1:40 pm weighing 8# 0 oz. (my smallest baby yet).


After 4 1/2 years I had completely forgotten how important my sleep is! My world has kinda been turned upside down! He definately has his own personality, though he seems to be taking after Kason. Let me remind you Kason has been rotten since the day he was born, and continues to be handful!

They say you can't spoil a newborn, but I don't agree! He wants to be held all the time (not always the worst thing, everyone needs a good snuggle every now and then) and he constantly thinks he is starving! As you can tell by the rolls, he is far from it. Some night are better than others, but there seem to be more bad than good. He has been struggling with reflux so we started him on Zantac, after about 2 wks and him continually getting worse we have changed his formula and changed him over to Prevacid to see if that helps. I am sure hoping so!


His brothers absolutely adore him! We were a little worried about the horrible things Kason was planning on doing to him, but so far he shows nothing but love! They always want to hold him and help with him. Often their help is a little more than I can handle, but they are trying.



We are blessed to have him in our lives and can't wait to see him and his personality grow!










5 comments:

crystal carlson said...

Congrats! He is absolutely adorable--I love all of the pictures! I hope that you are able to get more sleep soon--that's always hard!

Toree said...

congrats Christi! He is so stinkin cute! your family is adorable!

Corey Ward said...

He is such a cutie Christi! Hope he starts sleeping for you soon.

Ashley said...

Love it! He is so sweet. I need to hold him...
Funny, Kadynce got started on Prevacid too, and she is doing SOOO much better. Not nearly so much throwing up, and her belly feels better, so she sleeps so much better at night too. Thank heavens:)
And again, his pics are so sweet!

Kylene said...

Such a cute boy. I hope you're getting some rest over there. Adorable pic's.